Whether you are a high school, middle school, or university student, sometimes, you will surely get close to writing an informative essay. When this time comes, most students get stuck on choosing the best topic or a research question for their informative essay. To ease the process that may take a lot of your time and requires in-depth knowledge, have a closer look at our top-200 easy informative essay topics that are most popular in 2020. The list of informative topic ideas will surely help you generate your perfect topic deserving the highest grade from your professor.
What is an informative essay
An informative essay for college aims to educate a reader on a particular topic. Such academic papers may focus on defining a particular term, providing a how-to, comparing and contrasting something, or explaining and analyzing some data. This piece of writing does not present an opinion of the writer and does not use any techniques for persuasion.
How to write a good informative essay
To write an A+ grade informative essay, every student should remember to follow all essay writing phases step by step. There are three common-known parts of the academic writing process, involving pre-writing, writing, and concluding.
The first stage of the writing process is devoted to strategies and techniques to get started with your informative paper or any other academic assignment. Have a look at the following steps you should follow before you begin working on the final version of your informative essay and enjoy easy writing:
- Explore a problem
- Make goals of the essay operational/li>
- Generate some ideas
- Brainstorm the topic
- Find our valid sources
- Create effective outline
When you start your informative writing, you should accurately follow your outline in order to make the essay clear and coherent. The second phase consists of the following steps:
- Draft your informative essay
- Ensure including a clear thesis statement in the essay introduction
- Write your introduction paragraph
- Write all the ideas related to the topic in several main paragraphs
- Develop a conclusion paragraph that will restate your thesis statement and sum-up the ideas represented throughout the paper
- revise the paper to ensure following the informative essay instructions
- proofread the content to exclude any errors in grammar and punctuation.
Informative essay structure
Like most academic essays, the informative essay writing should follow the basic format of five paragraphs in total, including:
- the introduction, that should tell the reader about the purpose of your essay and introduce the topic
- two to three main body paragraphs should present points that prove and explain your thesis statement
- a conclusion should restate your thesis and shortly summarize the main ideas mentioned in the paper.
Where to get informative essay ideas
You may choose fresh and quality informative essay ideas from our blog articles written by the academic experts. They did valid research and generated a long list of custom introductory essay topics. While you are attempting to choose the best idea for your essay, you may experiment with the following helping techniques:
- use some structured exercises
- listen to calm music
If you have not chosen any topic ideas for an informative essay from the proposed list, you may easily ask for some academic assistance from our experienced academic writers.
How to choose a topic
To choose a winning topic for the informative essay, you should not necessarily spend a decent amount of your time. The clue to any tremendous informative essay is depth, along with the breadth of the chosen topic. The good topic has to be of high interest both to the writer and the reader. For example, the quality essay written about chess or football details may be of interest to you, though there is no proof that it will be interesting to your reader. To succeed in choosing a proper and interacting topic, you should engage your audience by digging deep into the selected research area.
Examples of good informative essay topics
Below you may find a list of ideas for informative essay topics that are relevant in 2020
Interesting informative essay topics
- What information do people get about you from your handwriting?
- Alternatives to traditional paddy cultivation.
- How to manage stress in workplaces.
- Poverty in the world.
- Are rich people really rich?
- Lifestyle associated diseases.
- Millennial generation’s role in transforming the economy.
- The role of generations.
- Overgeneralizing the generations.
- How millennial generation responds to COVID-19?
- Global extreme poverty.
- World poverty clock.
- Hunger in America.
- New face of rising worldwide hunger.
- The role of apps in modern businesses.
- Organisational climate and culture.
Informative essay topics for high school
- Best house pets.
- Unusual vegetables and fruits.
- Donuts for dinner.
- Global warming.
- Kids make parenting hard.
- The best way to learn effectively.
- Guns legalization.
- The workload of students needs to be lowered.
- Artificial Intelligence as a learning solution.
- Openness of modern students to change
- Spontaneity improves life.
- Increased work efficiency by listening to music.
- Hobby is the richness of life.
- Kindness is the utmost personal trait.
- Being organized helps in high school.
- Embarrassing moments boost the confidence.
- Parents should control the amount of time children spend watching TV.
Informative essay topics for college
- Sport should be mandatory in each college.
- The role of published literature in research.
- Negative effects of processed food.
- Community services positively influence college students.
- Summer classes are half productive compared to the autumn ones.
- How long should be the comfort college weekend?
- Summer vacation is not for studying.
- College dress code improves the academic efficiency of students.
- Harmful effects of video games.
- Video games influence students’ behavior.
- How video games hurt students’ grades?
- Video gaming and academic performance.
- Factors affecting academic performance.
- Crucial skills for academic progress.
- Building leadership in class.
- Community-based and educational programs.
Compare and contrast informative essay topics
- High School vs. College: major differences.
- Who takes much of his life - students who work or unemployed students?
- Major Differences between American English and British English.
- What makes employment similar to education?
- SAT vs. TOEFL.
- Difference between a Master's degree and Ph.D.
- Persuasive vs. Argumentative Paper.
- Is traditional education better than remote learning?
- Nazism and fascism: similar terms or different?
- Tea or coffee, which one is healthier?
- Living in a village or moving to the city?
- Coke vs. pepsi.
- White vs. red.
- Traditional vs. online commerce.
- Jazz vs. Rock
- Forbes or New York Times?
Process analysis informative essay topics
- How to defeat insomnia?
- How to cook perfect brownies?
- How to propel a harmful habit?
- How to wash a pet?
- How to wash linen trousers?
- How to remove grass stains?
- How to start relationships?
- How to edit a photo?
- How solar panels work?
- How to write a great essay?
- How to build stable friendships?
- How to groom a cat?
- How to stop or lower hiccups?
- How to choose a cell phone?
- How to cook ice cream?
- How to cook pizza?
- How to cook pasta?
- How to cook donuts?
- How I overcame fear?
- How I met my best friend
- My special place.
- A place I would like to omit in the future.
- Secrets of successful academic performance.
- My life-changing event.
- My fondest memory.
- My favorite time period.
- A surprising turn of events in my life
- My biggest loss.
- Does money matter in my life?
- My first handshake
- My proudest moment.
- A phrase that prompted hope.
- A phrase that changed my life
- If I had lived two hundred years earlier?
- My secret talent.
- The meaning of color to me.
General topics for informative essay
- College stress
- Worldwide poverty
- Domestic violence
- Pregnancy in college
- Cyber security
- Bullying in college
- Violence in video games
- School uniform
- Child obesity
- Organic food tendency
- Harming impact of fast food
- College scholarships
- Over popularity
Ideas for essay topics on religion
- Church and country
- Black churches
- Religion and modernism
- Religion and sex
- Religion and evolution
- Religion in the workplace
- Religion and mental health
- Religion and bullying
- Women in religion
- Political Islam
- Religion and communism
- New religious movements
Informative essay topics about stress
- Acute stress.
- Episodic acute stress.
- Psychosocial stress
- Chronic stress.
- Psychological stress.
- Physical stress.
- College stress.
- Breathe techniques to overcome stress.
- Causes of stress.
- Causes of chronic stress.
- Causes of physical stress.
- Types of stress.
- Encounter stress.
- Time stress.
- Situational stress.
- Anticipatory stress.
- Stress management.
- Stress and health.
Informative essay topics on sports and entertainment
- Corruption in sports
- Sports in college
- Paralympic games
- Sport and aggression
- Sport and traumas
- Professional vs. amateur sports
- Sports and gender
- Sports, rehabilitation, and disabilities
- Sport psychologists
- Sports as business
- Sports laws in America
- Training strategies
- The role of trainers in sport
- The role of family support in sports
- Sports and nationalism
Informative essay topics on social issues
- Social inequality
- Gender identity<
- Drugs abuse
- Alcohol abuse
- Bullying and social media
- Economic Deprivation
- Political Corruption
- Anti social behavior
- Racial discrimination
- Unemployment caused by pandemy in 2020
- Child abuse
Business and economics informative essay ideas
- Dynamics of consumerism
- Nobel prize in Economics 2020
- Impact of demonetization
- Reduction in tax rates
- Formalization of workforce
- Industrial corridors in business and economy
- Gig economy popularity
- E-commerce in businesses
- Socio-economic inequality
- Methods of economics
- Economic crisis 2020
- Business perspectives
- Economic decisions in private businesses
- Human resources’ role in businesses
- The role of marketing and branding in sales.
Informative essay tips
When you have chosen the topic, it’s time to write your essay. Check the tips from experts that will help you improve it.
- Use reverse outlining to take notes
- Revise the essay properly
- Be specific
- Eliminate the use of passive voice
- Omit using fluff words
- Do not ramble
- Use strong academic language
- Write with intention
- Do valid research
- Avoid using dangling modifiers
- Next idea - next paragraph
- No new information in the conclusion
- Go deeper defining your topic/li>
It happens that students know the topic they should write on but do not have time or are not good at writing essays. That’s not a problem! Our online platform of academic assistance can help you choose and complete an excellent informative essay topic for easy writing and get an A+ grade essay. You may hire an academic expert any time you need. Hiring an academic writer, you will receive full guidance from choosing the best topic for writing an outstanding informative essay. Also, you may get a professional custom essay written just for you within the time provided.