To create a successful essay, you should prepare your cause and effect essay topics list and get some certain supporting facts and evidence. You should organize these cause and effect essay topics properly. There are few main ways to organize it chronologically, categorically, and in order of importance. A student also should use and organize some appropriate transitions, blending details, and facts. Try to make your paper writing smooth. Check our cause and effect essay topics list at the end of the article.
What is a cause and effect essay?
Let’s explore more about this type of paper regarding its definition. Writers need to think about two questions distinguishing the cause and effect features. The question “When” will tell you about the reasons and the question “Why” will tell you about the effects. You need to set your ideas to these two easy questions to achieve a good result.
How to write a cause and effect essay
Students often get stuck with the question how to write this type of paper. Their paper ideas and thoughts should base on the purpose of reporting about real action behind the best themes and solutions.
It is like telling why a couple got divorced if you are writing an occasion and consequence paper on divorce. Or you are describing the harm of drugs in your research paper about drug abuse. In a global warming essay, causes and effects will describe the damage people bring to poor Mother Nature. Learning how to do this properly in a dissertation is good for writers’ education and development.
Here are the preparations you need to write a good cause and effect essay:
- Step 1. Read the parameters of the assignment carefully;
- Step 2. Do research based on your list of ideas;
- Step 3. Find your main topic and choose one to work with;
- Step 4. Choose the causes or effects to prove;
- Step 5. Create an outline or a proposal.
And now let’s talk about the writing process and the essay structure:
Step 1. Introduction
In your introduction, you should explain the issues you are going to discuss and establish a brief background of the paper regarding your perfect paper topics. Write down a thesis statement at the end of this paragraph.
Step 2. Paragraphs about a cause
Explain the situation in your cause paragraphs, explain conditions (e.g., rich vs. poor neighborhoods, quality of life or teenagers/parents’ issues) and provide good evidence. Writing a research paper about the effect of overpopulation? Tell us about the increased fertility. About a movie? Speculate on its popularity.
Step 3. Paragraphs about effects
Explain all the specific effects in increasing detail and describe how specific causes lead to specific effects. Provide a general description first and then become more and more specific about your effect topics. Writing an occasion and consequence paper on illegal immigration? Tell us about the latest wave of immigrants in Europe, with a case study if possible. About your college baseball team? Describe your latest American tournament results or give some quality tips for success.
Step 4. The cause and effect relationship
Write at least one paragraph to explain the importance of cause and effect relationship to demonstrate the significance of your paper ideas and thesis statement.
Step 5. Conclusion
Last but not the least important element of essay writing. Sum the things up and explain why your research is important for society. In the end, review it and consider using a plagiarism checker service to make sure your text is absolutely fine.
How to choose a topic for cause and effect essay?If you have a task to write a cause and effect essay but were not assigned a topic, you need to choose one by yourself. It's great if you have some ideas. But if you don't, these tips can help you
- brainstorm and write down all the ideas that come to your mind
- choose the one that you like the most
- if the topic is too broad to be covered in your essay, narrow it down and focus only on one or few ideas
- try to find interestomh ideas on the internet
- check our list of great ideas for cause and effect essay topics.
What are some good cause and effect essay topics?
Let’s talk what some extremely interesting paper essay topics you can easily use without great knowledge of the topic are. You should understand that good article topics about causes and consequences are not the simplest ones. If you want to get your reader engaged and interested from the start, establish a real contact with them as a writer, you need to consider some solid topics to use in your paper. Some of them may seem even controversial, which does not make them unfit for a term paper or a report.
Think about writing a case study about alcoholism or try to write an essay on cheating. These are not the easiest things to talk about. Readers will surely appreciate your effort and your research paper will achieve success, marking the progress in your education and good service for you. Here is our brief list of interesting article ideas you can use as a guide to finding your own idea. Just try to compare them to your life’s situations. One may easily get his own ideas of cause/effect topics for papers writing out of our suggestions below.
Cause and effect essay topics for middle school
Here are some interesting and exciting term paper topics for middle school:
- Why is history homework so boring?
- How does poverty affect a person?
- The influence of art on your life.
- Why do adults still watch cartoons?
- How do computers and online services influence our everyday life?
Paper ideas for high school
Few exciting paper topics for essay writing in high school, including medical-related ones:
- How do programs against bullying work?
- What pushes teachers to quit their job?
- What makes the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa?
- What pushes people to get cancer?
- What makes homelessness?
Historical cause and effect essay topics
Writers could consider these historical themes and events topics:
- What were the reasons for the Civil War in the United States?
- What was the consequence of the holocaust?
- Tell about the reasons and effects of the Colombian drug war.
- What are the consequences of drone usage in Afghanistan?
- What are the reasons for globalization?
Technology cause and effect paper ideas
If you are looking for some cool technology topics to cover in your coursework papers you may use:
- Tell about the effect modern cell phones have on a younger generation.
- Name reasons why people use more tablets and smartphones instead of computers these days.
- What caused screen typing to remove keyboards?
- What caused Elon Musk’s projects to be so successful?
- What can cause social media to lose popularity?
Fun cause and effect essay topics
There are even a few fun topics we can advise:
- What causes balloons to fly?
- What made your dog fail professional training?
- What made humanity to invent toilet paper, from a medical point of view?
- What effect does shopping have on you?
- What made your cooking to go wrong?
Interesting reasons and effects article ideas
The most interesting topics we can suggest to try:
- What are the reasons that make people become racist?
- What are the effects of online dating?
- What are the effects of a kid growing up with a single parent?
- What are the medical effects of drugs on older people?
- How do horror films influence popular culture?
Simple cause and effect essay topics
Some really easy to write and simple paper topics:
- What are the main reasons couples get divorced?
- What are the reasons of pollution?
- What are the reasons for globalization?
- Why do people lie and accept lies?
- What makes people suffer from insomnia?
Personal cause and effect essay topics
If you are looking for great personal themes for your paper:
- Describe the time when something made you incredibly happy.
- What caused your family to be successful or unsuccessful in business (or public service)?
- Tell more about the traditions of your family. What caused those traditions to be so important to your family?
- Are you a superstitious person? Why have you become superstitious?
- What made you choose the profession you are studying at the moment?
Cause and effect essay topics for college students
Some serious research paper or report ideas for college students:
- What is the most terrible impact of Global Warming?
- What causes early sexual life?
- What causes women to choose destructive relationships based on domestic violence?
- What causes men to show poverty inside his family and start domestic violence?
- What are the effects of drug legalization in the US?
Easy effect paper topics
Don’t have much time to work? Check some relevant ideas for cause/effect topics:
- What causes posttraumatic syndrome?
- What causes tsunamis?
- Discuss the effect of divorce on children’s mental health.
- Name causes of cyberbullying.
- How does globalization and liberalism effect feminism?
Cause and effect essay food topics
Some tips for a writer who prefer to compose papers about health, obesity problem, results of retirement or your favorite delivery services:
- World’s top 5 causes of eating disorder and obesity among children.
- Controversy about the effect of a vegetarian diet on human health, in different countries.
- What are the main negative effects of fast food?
- How does GMO affect human health, according to scientists?
- Why eating vegetables and fruits brings us benefits?
Best cause and effect essay topics in 2019
Cover some of these in your dissertations or argumentative papers if you are concerned about the environment, politics, parents’ problems of our age or young generation:
- What are the primary causes of modern environmental problems? What can humans do to save the environment?
- Top 5 good habits making a positive effect on academic performance in the 6th grade.
- What was the effect of the Thirteenth Tale movie (or book) on my interest in psychology
- What is causing college students to search for part-time jobs?
- What has caused the crisis in the American political system?
Cause and effect essay topics in psychology
To write about one of these in your argumentative papers, you would need to refer to a book or a dissertation with a related research:
- Are video games actually causing violence among children?
- The positive effect of professional education on the world’s society.
- Primary factors causing stress for people living in a big city. How can it be changed?
- What is the effect of physical activities on your mental health?
- What causes changes in teenagers’ behavior (or team games)?
Simple cause and effect essay topics
Pick some of the following subjects if your choice is a quick internet research over scientific sources and schools:
- What causes a lack of motivation for essay writing?
- The unexpected effect of fun videos (or pizza delivery service) on my result at work
- Compare the effect of positive and negative attitude on friends’ relations
- Discuss the effect of good self-management on education. What are the main tips?
- Top 5 factors causing children to study in schools.
Cause and effect essay topics about animals
Definitely useful for those who are concerned about the development of wildlife and results of climate change, or those love caring for animals or just making their pets famous:
- What causes a lack of empathy towards homeless animals?
- Main causes of stress for pets.
- The effect of climate change on animals across the world.
- Pros and cons of petting wild animals.
- Effect of medical help services on pets’ longevity.
I need help writing my cause and effect essay!
Most cause and effect essays are more than just a discussion of particular phenomena. A contact with a reader is important for writers as well. Most assignments, research papers, dissertations, or courseworks should examine a particular part of society, other countries, education, political system or history.
Make sure your evidence and examples are clear and valuable regarding your particular subjects. Be sure to follow all the instructions of your tutor to meet their format and style requirements, perform a review and plagiarism check in one of the most popular internet services prior to submission and get the highest grade possible.
Still, if you doubt your skills, our professional homework help services are here to help!