As a student, I find it vital to understand my assignment before I start to write. Most students rush into writing an essay without much thought. 1000 word article may seem like a challenging paper, but when I plan my work carefully, the results are easy to achieve.
What is an essay - it is important for me to have a clear definition of what an essay is to deliver the right article. It is a short writing consisting of a particular subject in the field of academics. There are several types of essays; I need to know which type of article I want to write. There are specific questions I have to ask myself. What is the topic of the essay; how long will I take to write; what is the number of pages; What is the stipulated time frame for the deadline? These questions are critical in guiding me to develop my arguments comprehensively.
Strategies On Writing 1000 Word Essay
A good essay should communicate effectively with the target audience. It is important to note academic writers have strategies that help them to write easily. I have a few approaches assisted me to write my first 1000 word essay. After answering the above questions concerning the essay, the following points are crucial:
- Time - A majority of students make the mistake of disregarding 1000 word essay thinking it is not a time-consuming assignment. Regardless of the length, a proper article takes a few days to finish writing. Time is of the essence. I plan my time to ensure that I deliver an excellent essay within the stipulated time frame. Time management is an essential aspect because it helps in the actual writing. I make sure I allocate specific time for each section.
- Research - What is a thesis without research? This forms the foundation of my essay. It is essential to carry out extensive research on my subject topic because it helps me to write a long article which is rich with factual information. By ensuring that I read widely, my article stands a chance to appeal to my readers.
- Gather facts - After carrying out comprehensive research, I gather all the facts that are relevant to the subject. With online resources that are easily accessible, gathering information is not a difficult task.
- Analysis - A thorough analysis is a requirement for the success of my assignment. All the facts have to undergo a stringent review to ensure the arguments in my essay have a logical flow. I analyze each source of information for relevance and accuracy.
- Writing - 1000 word essay is not lengthy; I ensure all the sentences carry more weight to convey the intended message effectively. After extensive research and a deeper understanding of the topic, it is possible to leave out irrelevant information. The actual writing requires all the crucial points from the research phase to be incorporated to develop the arguments of the thesis. During this stage, I write the first draft of the essay without thinking about the limit. While this may seem like a long process, it saves a lot of time. After completion of the essay, I revise it carefully with the limit while considering the most relevant information on the subject.
- Editing - Most students end up submitting sub-standard essays because of a common mistake of not editing their work. It is critical to edit and proofread any academic assignment before submission thoroughly. The primary purpose is to remove all the grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and to ensure the thesis contains proper sentence structures. It is essential to factor in the font type, font size, and spacing. The number of pages depends on these aspects. If I use Times New Roman font, size 12 with double spacing, my article is precisely four pages.
Structure of 1000 Word Essay
While it is a brilliant idea to have strategies in place before I write, the most important reason for my successful paper is the structure. A proper structure is a fundamental aspect of writing an excellent paper. This short article has to meet the required standards of an academic paper. The format follows the criteria of a typical essay which has three primary sections such as the introduction, the main body, and the conclusion.
Below is a detailed overview of the structure showing the length of each section regarding of length and content.
- Introduction should contain 100-200 words. It should have a hook sentence which grabs the readers’ attention. I familiarize my target audience with the background information on the subject while explaining the aim of my essay. The thesis statement needs to be sharp and precise.
- Main body has around 600-800 words. I shall divide the body into three paragraphs. Each paragraph in the main body consists of 200-300 words. The body paragraphs must have a clear introduction. I have to present the findings and arguments from my previous analysis and back them up with relevant evidence before the conclusion. This section makes or breaks the thesis. I have to ensure my arguments have a logical flow devoid of any contradictions. The readers should clearly understand the intended message.
- Conclusion is the last part of the paper. It contains 100-200 words. Do not include any new argument here because it may confuse the readers. I ensure this section of the paper is clear and concise by emphasizing the significant points in my case. I have to convince the readers of my position and propose a solution. This is where the flow of my thoughts ends. As much as the introduction should be attention-grabbing, the conclusion has to leave a lasting impression on the readers.
Tips to Write 1000 Word Essay
Essay writing is a skill that we learn from our early years in school. It is vital in college or university - it forms part of the fulfillment of the diploma or degree we seek. It comes in handy in our future careers. As much as writing a 1000 word essay seems quite straightforward, many students find it difficult. There are countless reasons, but a majority of them do not know the proper structure of an excellent essay. We may be intellectually capable, but writing is not everyone’s cup of tea.
I have a list of essential tips to write a compelling article that will appeal to the target audience:
I believe that the perfect environment brings out the ideas and motivation. I opt to choose a peaceful setting, preferably a library. There is no noise to interrupt the flow of thoughts. Do not work in a crowded place because it is uncomfortable.
Who does not know the value of planning? It is not only crucial but a time saver. I make sure that I plan my writing before the actual task. Do I have the proper structure? What time is left to complete the assignment? What academic resources will I use for research?
With current technological advancements, the internet is easily accessible to everyone. It poses a great potential hazard to writers. There are numerous social media networks, games, and other diversions from the internet. I ensure that I shut the world out before I begin my assignment. My phone is on silent mode, and I log off all the irrelevant sites. I turn off the internet unless I am using it for research purposes. Calmness is a recipe for concentration and motivation for the smooth flow of ideas.
1000 word essay is a short article; it is normal to feel that anyone can complete it in the shortest time possible. I ensure that I have realistic goals for the task. Short breaks are essential to boost the creative juices. The essay can be split into small parts of 250 words with a specific timeline to complete each section.
Keep on writing
Whatever it takes, I let my thoughts flow while writing. If there are no distractions, I keep on writing. The policy I use is ‘write and edit later,’ so if I have spelling errors and grammar issues, I will come back to do a thorough revision and editing of my work later on after completing the 1000 word essay.