- How to Do Homework Fast: Expert Tips on Planning and Motivation
- Doing Homework: Healthy Amount of Assignments
- How to Do Your Homework Faster?
- How to Motivate Yourself to Do Homework
- How to Finish Homework Fast?
- How to Do Homework Efficiently?
- How to Do Your Homework without Doing It
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are some good places to do homework?
- 2. How to do homework when you don't want to?
- 3. How do I stay awake to do homework?
Need to learn how to do my homework and how to focus on homework faster? Go no further if you are one of those students wondering whether the amount of assignments is fair and how to manage your busy schedule successfully. In this blog post, our academic writing experts share insights into how to finish homework tasks until your deadline expires without sacrificing quality. This article explains what a healthy amount of assignments is and gives a hint on how to do your homework without delays.
Doing Homework: Healthy Amount of Assignments
Doing homework should help students digest gained knowledge. Children are not robots, but many teachers forget about this and assign tons of homework assignments. Even 4th-grade kids complain about having at least 5 subjects per night.
What is a professional opinion? Most experts suggest that an average school child should spend no more than 20 minutes per day solving after-class assignments in the 1st grade. Time for tasks increases by 10 minutes with each new grade. It doesn't mean that high school graduates should spend countless hours on after-class tasks every day. If the 10-minute rule is broken, students may face stressful situations.
Is it fair? No, it's not. For this reason, you should know how to get homework done faster, no matter which grade you are studying in. Let's dig deeper into the ways to finish homework assignments with the help of these inspiring tips for students.
How to Do Your Homework Faster?
If you are a high-school or college student, you may wonder how to get homework done fast. In most cases, it's procrastination and distraction that prevents students from finishing assignments. Any distraction in the surrounding environment may cause procrastination – a student gets stuck in the start/middle of the writing process.
You can overcome this phenomenon by using these simple tips on how to do homework without getting distracted.
- Do your assignment in a well-lit place. Your workspace should be well-lit, meaning the light is okay for the student's eyes during the reading or writing process.
- Choose the right place. The worst places to do the assignments are the floor and bed because you may feel uncomfortable and experience difficulties focusing on the process. Choose a sofa/chair near the table to start doing school work. Doing homework in a bed may result in a deep sleep.
- Isolate yourself from electronic devices. Any type of online communication is not a good idea while a student is doing the tasks. Turn off the social network accounts. Read the messages from friends later. Online or phone communication is not urgent as your school or college assignment is.
- Prepare necessary resources. Make sure you have all the things you will need to get your homework finished. These are books, notes, computers, some special tools, papers, pens., etc.
- Set up website-blocking applications. If you constantly get distracted by messages from your friends, install any website-blocking app available online. This tool helps prevent yourself from visiting gaming websites or social networks.
- Have some healthy snacks. No coffee, sweets, or other snacks that contain a lot of sugar would be an option. On the other hand, healthy snacks such as nuts, fruits, and vegetables would be nutritional for your brain. Also, remember to drink fresh water.
- Track time you spend on tasks. Decide on the amount of time required for task completion and set the alarm. If you fail to complete this mission before your deadline, it's time to find a fresh approach. Your timer will show how good you are at time management.
- Ask for assistance. Seeking homework help is okay, but do not get involved in a long conversation. Turning to your professor or asking your classmates for pieces of advice would be a great idea.
How to Motivate Yourself to Do Homework
Read the tips that will help you find motivation to do your homework.
- Think of the consequences. What if you fail to do your homework? Although it may not be very pleasant, think about consequences you may face after leaving your schoolwork for the last minute. How will you feel when submitting the task or receiving your grades for it. It might motivate you to start doing assignments in advance.
- Take a break when tired. Studying without a break does more harm than good. Take a brief 5-10-minute break every 30 minutes so that your brain and eyes have some rest from hard work. It would be great to have a walk as fresh air stimulates brain activity.
- Always reward yourself. How to get motivated to do homework? A good motivation is some reward a student can get after finishing an assignment. That is what makes the study process so much fun. If your parents do not pay you, come up with personal prizes to motivate yourself (examples: sweets, 30 minutes of a favorite show, playing a favorite game for 20 minutes, getting a new piece of cloth, meeting with friends, etc.). Think about punishments as well.
- Watch your health! A student should think about health first: drink water all the time, consume healthy food (people involved in the activities requiring regular brain work lose more calories than others), and do not stay up too late. What is the benefit of being good at planning? A student with such skill will never get stuck in doing all assignments over a single night without having a healthy sleep.
How to Finish Homework Fast?
To understand how to finish homework faster, a student should focus on planning and organizing. Your success depends on the amount of time you plan on each task.
Come up with the homework plan. Do not grab the 1st textbook in the bag to start your research – it may be the wrong source to begin with. Here are the expert steps that allow doing your homework fast and easy:
- Start in advance. Do not leave your assignment for last night. Starting beforehand might save you from sleepless nights and stress. This way you will be rewarded with fantastic results.
- Plan ahead. Think about the amount of time you need for the entire homework. Calculate the amount of time a student would require on each assignment and preparation.
- Make a list. Create a list of various assignments you must complete overnight. Cross tasks off while working on your homework step-by-step.
- Check your task. A great idea is to check your assignment at school or college just after receiving it. Read through it to know whether you understand the assignment well or need some help from your teacher.
- Don't postpone. Start doing homework once you return from school or college. It's important not to postpone assignments to the last minute. You can get done with after-class tasks in time and do anything you want afterward.
- Start from complex tasks. Determine the most challenging assignments in your homework and start with them. When you get stuck on one of them, switch to a more manageable task. Once you have completed some easy assignments, it is good to return to the difficult ones.
- Set priorities. Life is about setting priorities and speaking about learning how to get homework done, it is not an exception. Write down the most valuable, urgent homework assignment given by your teacher first. This way, a student risks failing minor tasks.
How to Do Homework Efficiently?
A mobile device or personal computer is a double-edged sword when it comes to solving homework assignments. On the one hand, devices such as entertainment apps and games may distract students from schoolwork. On the other hand, some applications make the learning process easier.
These unique educational tools fall into several categories:
- Fun & games
Helpers are the general name for tools that help students cope with their homework.
Checkers and generators are homework helpers. The checkers help students check written assignments for any grammar, spelling, punctuation mistakes, or typos. They can identify wordiness, wrong word choices, and other errors. Such apps also check papers for plagiarism. The generators were designed to create citations, references and generate complete paper templates. They save a lot of time as they can generate in-text citations or a complete reference list in a couple of seconds.
Fun and games is a group of applications that distract students from doing homework. If you want to cope with your homework fast, avoid gaming applications and focus on your task. If you do it quickly, you will have more time for fun.
How to Do Your Homework without Doing It
There are cases when you need to do your homework but don't want to. But there is a smart solution. Would you like to learn the answer?
One of such solutions is the third-party application created to help students with education. There are many mobile apps for students available on the market today. Free or paid, they can help with the assignments of various difficulties: from English essays to Math problems and even Business plans for MBA. Scanning the web for the best educational software is essential.
Hopefully, these tips were of great help. Use these methods to increase your productivity and do school tasks faster. Another thing that allows addressing "how to do my homework" request is an online academic writing service. This best homework help website is available 24/7 and always has writing experts ready to take your order. No matter what time it is, you can go online and buy a custom paper. Entrust your assignment to native-speaking writers, and they will complete any academic assignment for cheap.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some good places to do homework?
In case you get distracted when studying at home, looking for a silent place would be a great idea. Here're 5 best places to do homework with ease:
- School library
- Coffee shop
- Local park
- Classmate's place
2. How to do homework when you don't want to?
If you don't want to do your homework alone, you may need a study buddy. Another idea is to use mobile apps that can help you with different subjects. But since technology isn't perfect, the best suggestion would be seeking academic writing assistance. One of such services is Just Do My Homework, offering professional help with any assignment.
3. How do I stay awake to do homework?
Though staying up too late to do homework isn't the best idea, there are some things that can make you awake. If you have lots of assignments to do at night, take a nap in the afternoon. Once you wake up, have a hot drink to activate your brain. Try to focus on your task to finish them quickly.