Perhaps, you have already heard that it is not easy to be accepted to the University of Chicago. This educational establishment is known for its specific application requirements. Are you going to enter the University of Chicago and want to learn more about how to increase your chances to be approved? Then, check these effective UChicago essay prompts to know how the college application process takes place.
The University of Chicago: What is it famous for?
Every year millions of people apply to the University of Chicago. What is the reason for such popularity? First of all, this educational establishment is well-known for its responsible attitude to education. They appreciate students who are engaged in the research activity. The University of Chicago is famous for the largest number of Nobel Laureates, except for Cambridge.
Only the best academics work here. The university is famous for its curriculums and supplemental college essay papers, which differ from any other academic essays. What is special about their college essays and how to get started? Keep on reading to find this out.
What UChicago college essay prompt will you have to respond?
The main goal of writing a school application essay is to demonstrate your knowledge and skills, show that you are a creative personality, who deserves an opportunity to get an education in this certain educational establishment. In order to achieve this goal, you need to work hard because applying for the University of Chicago isn’t as easy as ABC.
Before you proceed to write college essays, you’re recommended to learn more about unique UChicago college essays and check ultimate essay breakdowns here. Keep in mind that there are two categories of questions, which means that applicants should submit two college essay papers:
- The first prompt hasn’t been changed for years. It is the college essay prompt that sounds like “Why have you chosen the University of Chicago?”
- Here, you are free to choose any option among 5-6 topics. We will consider them later in this article.
Question 1: Why do you want to get an education at the University of Chicago?
It is not difficult to guess what to write about in this college application essay. Just tell about why you have given preference to this educational establishment, which makes it the best one for you, and how you see your future in this place. To share your thoughts, you have up to 500 words. One page may be not enough to tell everything you want. So, being up to a point is a great skill.
Avoid banal phrases because many students are dreaming of entering this top college. So, you need to be original. The admissions officers should understand that it is not the choice of your parents, that you want to enter the university not only because it is a prestigious place to get an education but because there are some more reasons behind your application. Be convincing when writing this supplemental college essay. Check the list of the possible reasons behind choosing UChicago:
- Traditions that one generation of students pass to the next generation. An opportunity to become a part of the community and live on the campus with history.
- A chance to study with students who have the same interests and aspirations as you.
What do college admissions expect to see in your response?
The best way to answer the question “Why UChicago?” is to tell about your interest in the research activities. Tell that you have read about UChicago alumni who have made a great contribution to the world and you’d like to do the same. Mention that you are going to take part in volunteer projects. It is very important for admissions officers.
A college degree is linked to greater employment prospects, higher earning potential, and the ability to contribute to our communities”.
Also, you should tell about the majors you would like to choose. Admissions officers would be glad to find out that you know much about the college and opportunities provided. Keep in mind that your task is to convince everyone that studying here is exactly what you need. Explain what opportunities UChicago offers, which aren’t available anywhere else.
Question 2: Choose 1 of 6 college essay prompts
After you have answered the first question, which is always on the application program, proceed to write an extended answer. You are free to select one of the offered topics. Take into account that compared to the first college essay, which you can prepare for, the second question changes every year.
The choice of topics is always 5 or 6 prompts, which should be answered within a word limit of 650 words. The min is 300-350 words. Now, let’s have a closer look at the college application prompts for the current year.
Compared to the first question where you write about UChicago, here you are expected to include more information about your personality. The second extended college essay is given with the aim to get acquainted with an applicant, learn more about his or her plans for the future, and to listen to an interesting story.
Tips for writing a killer extended college essay
Check the useful tips for writing a high-quality application college essay:
- Remember, you won’t have a second chance to make the first impression. So, being creative and original is a must.
- An extended college paper is your great chance to show what you are.
- Demonstrate your storytelling skills and the ability to express your thoughts in a clear manner.
- Don’t exceed the word limit when writing a college application essay. Write not less and not more than it is required. It is how you will demonstrate your time-management skills and the ability to follow the guidelines.
- Due to the fact that every year UChicago invents new original prompts to answer, do your best to answer them impressively.
- Let admissions officers feel you are a passionate person who loves learning.
- Don’t answer prompts too seriously. Imagine, you are writing a new post for your blog. Be sincere and use hooks to attract the reader’s attention.
- Give a chance to understand from your apps what you are and what you are interested in.
- Write about how your life will change in case your application is approved.
Have no ideas on how to write an application college paper that stands out? Get professional writing services to create University of Chicago application essays quickly and effectively. Your homework could also be done properly and on time. If you really want to be admitted, no need to take risks. It is better to ask for expert advising and writing assistance. It is how you will increase your chances to see your surname in the column “Admitted to the university”. Want to get a guaranteed A-grade? Then, you need to say a spell that works wonders “Help me with my UChicago essay”. You can be sure that your piece of writing will stand out from lots of other applications if it is written by a talented team of professional writers.