Being a college student, you should know how to write a 5 paragraph essay. The fundamentals of essay writing and grading rubric of a top-quality five-paragraph essay will help you gain academic writing knowledge. Most students are required to write a five-paragraph essay almost every day. Thus, they are often looking for a detailed guide with background information on how to write a 5 paragraph essay among tons of non-useful articles. To save time and read a really quality content about the notions of five paragraph essay writing, check the following paragraphs devoted to giving you a deep understanding of how to follow the academic essay format, style, and structure, or get academic assistance and receive high grades.
5 Paragraph Essay Format
Academic writing has numerous rules and nuances regarding format, style, and structure of different essay types. Every type of essay has its peculiarities and differences in format. To make sure you follow the unique purpose of the essay, check the prime types of essays:
- Narrative. A narrative essay aims to tell a story that has a single motif; and every incident, happening, and character should revolve around that single motif characterized in the narrative. This type of essay is similar to a common five paragraph essay, as it has the same format.
- Descriptive. A descriptive essay aims to describe something. It may be an object or person’s description, or, for example, the writer may provide a detailed description of the particular event or place, experience, emotion, and even idea. Such essays are devoted to creating detailed descriptions for the readers to help them imagine the chosen topic.
- Expository. An expository essay aims to investigate an idea, expound on the chosen idea, evaluate evidence, and set some arguments regarding that idea.
- Argumentative. An argumentative essay aims to alter opinions and support them using evidence and facts. Therefore, the core purpose of such essays is to persuade the audience to agree with the writer’s argument. By the way, a good argumentative essay always uses facts and evidence to support the main argument, rather than the author's points of view.
5 Paragraph Essay Outline
To write a five-paragraph essay properly, you should follow the particular essay structure, as it is outlined below:
- Hook sentence
- Background information
- General statements
- Your viewpoint
- Thesis statement
- Topic sentence
- Supporting idea
- Example, fact, evidence
- Controlling idea
- Example, fact, evidence
- Summary, conclusong sentence
- Restated thesis statement
- Summary of main ideas
How to Write a 5 Paragraph Essay in 3 Steps
To write an academic five paragraph essay, you should follow three common stages of essay writing. However, before you start working on the essay content, you should choose the topic if it is not mentioned in the professor's instructions and do in-depth research. Have a look at the precise plan and start writing your winning five paragraph essay right now:
1. Prewriting stage
- Check the instructions
- Choose the topic
- Do valid research and take notes
- Create an outline
2. Writing stage
Writing introduction. Introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the essay. It plays an important role in attracting the reader, as after reading the introduction, the reader should become interested in reading the essay to the end. To make a perfect introduction, add:
- Hook sentence to grab reader’s attention
- Background information on the topic to acquaint the reader with the topic
- Thesis statement to introduce a road map for your paper
By contrast, do not add:
- Encyclopedia definitions
- Topic sentences
- Supporting and controlling ideas
- Concluding sentence
- Transitional elements
- Long quotes
- Non-credible sources
- Grammar errors
- Restated thesis statement
- Summary of core ideas represented in the main body
- Solution of the problem
- Suggestions for further research
But, do not add:
- New information or ideas
- Information that contradicts arguments you have provided in the paper
3. Revising and proofreading
- Proofread the paper for any formatting, grammar, or stylistic, mistakes
- Check whether you have followed the essay prompt
- Check the essay structure
- Check whether you have answered the question
A 5 Paragraph Essay Example
The best way to practice proper five-paragraph essay writing is to have a look at the examples of the quality academic essays. Such approach might give you inspiration as well as bring some insights.
Check the properly formatted and structured example of a common five paragraph essay Enjoying Your Camping Trip:
Writing Tips from Professional for Creating an A+ Essay
If you are continually working on improving your academic performance and writing better academic essays, check our useful tips for creating an A+ essay. Our professional writers are highly experienced in writing academic assignments of different types. So, they highlighted and outlined the main techniques and tips to help every student handle their writing assignment with ease:
- Choose a topic that is interesting for you
- Make sure the topic can be covered in just 5 paragraphs
- Make a research on the topic
- Follow the proper essay structure: introduction, main body, and conclusion
- Create a concise thesis statement
- Keep an outline in mind while writing
- Do not overwrite
- Use active voice
- Properly cite all the borrowed ideas
- Control the content readability
- Always proofread your essay
General Essay Grading Rubric
If you are looking for the top result, you should pay attention to the grading rubric of your writing assignment. Here is a general grading rubric for written assignments to help you get the idea of what is expected to get an A grade.
- Organization - involves reasoning of points
- Level of Content - involves a synthesis of ideas, in-depth analysis, evidence
- Development - shows a high degree of critical thinking
- Grammar & Mechanics - free of spelling, punctuation, grammatical errors, without fragments, comma splices, run-ons
- Style - correct rhetorical devices and tone
- Format - correct margins, spacing, and indentations
How Long Does It take to Write a 5 Paragraph Essay?
Some students spend sleepless nights developing a proper academic essay, whereas others can handle a five-paragraph essay writing in an hour. Thus, it depends on a student’s writing skills and knowledge of the subject. It also depends on the word limit. There is a great difference when the three pargraphs of the main body should include 300 and 900 words. If you are not good at writing, you can resort to academic assistance services for help. Professional writers will complete any type of writing for you in just a few hours.
How to write a 5 paragraph essay in an hour?
To write a five paragraph essay in an hour, you should be highly experienced in academic essay writing to provide high-quality content within such a limited period of time. You should also be well versed in the topic you write about. To write a 5 paragraph essay faster, you should write a lot to make your writing skills stronger, follow useful tips, and use different online checkers to proofread your essay quicker. We also recommend creating an outline first and taking away all the distractions, such as gadgets and social media, to stay focused on your assignment. The easiest way is to hire a professional writer and spend your time on other important assignments.
Where to Get Help
Once you have got a writing assignment and do not know how to deal with it within the strict deadline, you can get writing assistance at our online writing platform. Everything you need to do in order to get academic help is to hire a professional writer and share your assignment requirements with him.
If you need to write a five paragraph essay perfectly, hire our academic writer, and get an A+ grade piece of writing at an affordable price!